Here is a little bit about us:
We believe in God's abundant Love.
We seek to keep the doors to our hearts and minds open.
We remain rooted in our Christian traditions, while we also
try to expand our faith in order to take in the New Life God continues to reveal.
so that we may build relationships where all can learn and grow together
a place where ALL ARE WELCOME and AFFIRMED regardless of age, race, ethnicity, culture,
gender, sexual orientation or identification, economic condition or mental or physical ability!
(under some pictures of a few recent events).
We celebrate, that after careful study and prayer, we voted to become Open and Affirming (ONA) in 2014.
That same year, we wrote a new mission statement reflecting our beliefs which state:
Through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the people of Salem UCC, Columbia Borough PA are called together in order to experience and share
the love of Christ with others, not only in our church building but throughout all situations of our living as well. As one, we covenant to embody:
1. A community
that holds to a core belief within our denomination that we are to work towards
healing divisions, which is born from Jesus’ prayer:
“I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one--as you are in me, Father, and I am in you.
And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me” (John 17:21).
2. A commitment to set aside our doctrinal beliefs, historic traditions and personal desires in order to place the desires, prayers
and words of Jesus above our own.
3. A desire for unity that requires flexibility and makes room for diverse viewpoints to peaceably coexist while placing in all things; charity above rigidity.
4. A culture that encourages all, regardless of age and ability, to take advantage of opportunities to learn and grow, as individuals and as one body,
towards living out the abundant grace and love of God, which Christ opened to everyone.
5. An environment that strives to welcome and include all into the full life of the church, without limitation or boundaries, regardless of age, race,
ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation or identification, economic condition or mental or physical ability.
6. A spirit led embrace of God’s amazing diversity with a prayerful balance of loving accountability for the actions and commitments of one another.
We look forward to spending time with you in person!
Where we are:
324 Walnut Street; Columbia, PA 17512
phone: 717-684-6498; email: email@example.com
Parking in front and off the alley.