Here is a little about our church:
while we also try to expand our faith
in order to take in the New Life God continues to reveal.
and outside our doors so that we may build relationships
where all can learn and grow together
Please join us in celebrating our vote to become an Open and Affirming (ONA) congregation. After careful study and prayer, we voted to become ONA in 2014.
We wrote a new mission statement reflecting our beliefs that same year which state: Through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the people of Salem UCC, Columbia Borough PA are called together in order to experience and share the love of Christ with others, not only in our church building but throughout all situations of our living as well. As one, we covenant to embody:
1. A community that holds to a core belief within our denomination that we are to work towards healing divisions, which is born from Jesus’ prayer: “I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one--as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me” (John 17:21).
2. A commitment to set aside our doctrinal beliefs, historic traditions and personal desires in order to place the desires, prayers and words of Jesus above our own.
3. A desire for unity that requires flexibility and makes room for diverse viewpoints to peaceably coexist while placing in all things; charity above rigidity.
4. A culture that encourages all, regardless of age and ability, to take advantage of opportunities to learn and grow, as individuals and as one body, towards living out the abundant grace and love of God, which Christ opened to everyone.
5. An environment that strives to welcome and include all into the full life of the church, without limitation or boundaries, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation or identification, economic condition or mental or physical ability.
6. A spirit led embrace of God’s amazing diversity with a prayerful balance of loving accountability for the actions and commitments of one another.
Where we are:
324 Walnut Street; Columbia, PA 17512
phone: 717-684-6498; email: email@example.com
Parking is off the alley.